Thursday, November 20, 2008

Coldplay Is Frighteningly Good Live

Dear gentle readers:
Welcome to my blog, where there is SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE.
I saw Coldplay at the American Airlines Center last night (Nov. 19). Plenty 'o fun observations: miniskirts, boots and scarves seemed to be the popular items of the evening; my Viva La Vida (name of their album)T shirt was $35; i sat in the nosebleed seats but still had an OK view; the first two acts I didn't pay much attention to bc I was hungrily waiting for Coldplay; the first act was called Sleepercar, from El Paso; i had a hot dog and a Coke while I was waiting.
Getting hungry so I'm going to make this post MUCH shorter than I wanted to (darn necessity for food). Coldplay played for about 1 hour, 45 minutes. During several songs Chris Martin skipped around the stage in a cute leather jacket and jeans (although my view was limited by being in Section 327). Coldplay did more new-album songs than older stuff. They played the two songs I wanted to hear the most, "42" and "Viva La Vida," off their new album. During one of the early songs, Martin gave a plug to "Medieval Times" (N. Stemmons Fwy) restaurant, saying it was near his hotel. OK, I'm there.
You should buy Jimmy Dean's Breakfast Bowls, the pancakes and sausage one. They are delicious. Only takes a few minutes in the microwave.
TARGET Tip of the day: I got some legwarmers there for $7.99. I got two pairs.
I am going to write about my Writing Adventure soon.
For you die-hard Coldplay fans, "you didn't get to heaven but you made it close,"
Peace,
bbb

No comments: